Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Only A Mother Would Know

One day my mother was out, and my dad was in charge of me.
I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little
'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was
in the living room reading the evening news when I brought him
a little cup of 'tea,' which was just water. After several cups of
tea and lots of praise for such a yummy tea, my Mom came home.
My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him
a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!'

My mom waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with
a cup of tea for my daddy; and she watched him drink it up. Then
she said (as only a mother would know), "Did it ever occur to you
that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?"

No comments: