Saturday, March 6, 2010

HE is Mindful of me!


I've been sick this past week. One good thing I can say about the experience is that at least it isn't a toothache. The birth of 10 children, all by natural means (except for the first one, but by the time they finally gave me stuff of "take the edge" off, it was all edge and the drugs didn't help, so I still consider the pain the same as toughing it out "naturally"), has me convinced that a toothache is still the worst pain there is. So I'm glad for that. Here's an insider trading tip: run out and buy stock in Kleenex. You might get some Petal Soft bathroom tissue stock, too, but after I write my letter suggesting they change the name to Wood Chip Soft, it might be differently titled, so you might want to wait on that one for a bit. Every day this past week I've filled around 3 grocery bags with spent tissues, so there might be at least a temporary fluctuation that one might take advantage of. See your stockbroker. Last night, lying in bed, not sleeping, and convulsing into coughing spasms every minute or so, the idea finally penetrated my foggy brain that I should ask my husband for a blessing. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me sooner, much sooner, but at least it occurred to me at all, so this morning I did. He was able to get our home teacher to come over a couple of hours later and they gave me the blessing.
He blessed me that I would be healed, and he also blessed me that I would feel of my Heavenly Father's love for me, and that I would know that he is mindful of my situation. From the time I "woke" up this morning, or at least got up, since coughing doesn't lend itself to much sleeping, I had pretty much been coughing non-stop, with little breaks here and there, while the bad guys re-loaded. After the blessing, I put myself to bed, totally exhausted, and I slept for 3 hours, without coughing at all. At times I would become semi-conscious and realize that I could feel some pressure on my sinuses, but the passageway stayed clear so I could breathe freely for the first time in several days.
I woke up, not healed, though at this writing I do seem to be somewhat improved, but realizing that I had been given 2 gifts: 1) I was allowed to finally get a little bit of sleep, and much more importantly, 2) I FELT that Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my situation and that when He feels I am ready to be rid of this, then in His own due time, I will be. I already knew that, and I had been praying for relief acknowledging His timetable and His will, but FEELING that He is with me in this makes all the difference. It will make it easier to bear with patience, while I just keep trying to take care of myself. And that's a great feeling!


No comments: