Friday, February 5, 2010

Girl Wisdom

After having a little tiff with my daughter over her violin lessons, I had to get out of the house to let the adrenaline calm down (okay, maybe it was more than a little tiff) and I ended up at the library to check my email, as my computer is in the shop with a virus. The following was in an email from a good friend, and just what I needed to raise my spirits.

Girlie Wisdom!

1. The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

2. One of life's mysteries is how a 2- pound box of chocolates can make a
woman gain 5 lbs.

3. My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

4. A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills....
She has 14 kids but doesn't really care.

5. The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't
know what you are doing, someone else does.

6. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then,
your body and your fat are really good friends.

7. Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today...

8. Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain
consciousness.

9. I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together
and setting fire to my underwear...

10. Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it
shrinks 2 sizes!

11. Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things
like...'You know sometimes I forget to eat!' ......Now I've forgotten my
address, my mother's maiden name and my keys, but I have never forgotten
to eat. You have to be a special kind of dumb to forget to eat!

12. I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are
eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding?
That's my idea of a perfect day!

LIVE SIMPLY......LAUGH OFTEN....LOVE DEEPLY

Not I'll go back home and see if I can apply loving, learning, and/or laughing to patch things up with my daughter.

No comments: